As a registered charity, SportsAid Eastern, has a wide-ranging trust deed which allows it to perform at number of different charitable functions. These are primarily within the fields of education, disability and social welfare.
The main objectives are:
To further the education of young people in full time education through the medium of sport
To encourage those with social or physical disadvantage to improve their lives through sport
To enable those living in poverty to take advantage of the opportunities offered by sport
Meet the Team
Chairman, Andrew Oakes MA (Cantab) FRICS
Andrew has alwasy been fanatical about all sport. He is interested in a wide range of sporting activities but in particular rugby and cricket, touring Kenya, Antigua, Sri Lanka and the Far East and playing for Rosslyn Park, Askeans and Warlingham rugby clubs until hip and back problems signalled retirement. He is constantly amazed at the dedication and commitment of all the SportsAid Award recipients he meets in the Eastern Region. Now a regular supporter or Northampton Saints, England and the British and Irish Lions, he is also a member of the MCC.
Latest news in Eastern
- May 17 | Lowestoft athletes received funding
- May 13 | Local athletes receive funding boost
- May 9 | Top Suffolk athlete receives backing in bid for glory
- Apr 24 | Paralympian Daniel Bentley joins Dunmow Rotary dinner to help local athletes
- Dec 19 | Suffolk SportsAid announces its fifth birthday
- Nov 1 | Over £215,000 awarded to Eastern athletes in 2011-12